Do I really need EAC Certification?

Russian version

Not necessarily, but you do need to check. Some products are exempt, and whilst a document is still required to demonstrate exemption, this procedure is low cost and fairly pain free. Most certification is easier to obtain than it used to be, when certain companies held a virtual monopoly in this area. Most items will need to be certified though, and you certainly need to find out. The last place you want to find out about errors is at the border…

Is a Declaration of Conformity the same as a Certificate?

No. A Declaration of Conformity differs from a Certificate of Conformity in the degree and placement of liability. A manufacturer cannot apply for a Declaration because it must be backed by an Importer of Record, a locally registered entity. There are significant differences in the method of obtaining the certificate, and the documents needed. But you don’t need to worry about that; that’s our job!
It may be that your company requires an audit of the goods before issuing of Declarations. This cost is the sole responsibility of the applicant. Once the issuing authority has approved your goods meet the Technical Regulations, your documents will be notarised and issued. This means that the exporter (via your Russian entity), are declaring that the products being sent adhere to the MSDS (Manufacturers Safety Data Sheet) submitted with the application.
A Certificate of Conformity can be made in the name of the foreign manufacturer or suppliers name. They come with a validity between three or five years, where commonly they were for single shipment or one or two years. These are valid throughout all EEU member states.

Get your Product Certification Quote today


Terms and Conditions

© 1996 - 2014 Albion Overseas Ltd  Registration Number: 03282937 VAT Number: 685109616 Registered Office: Riverside House, River Lawn Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1EP, UK